Monday, March 4, 2013

Reflection One

What new knowledge have you gained about your topic through research for the proposal and problem/solution papers? I have gained a lot of new knowledge since I have conducted research on my topic. I have learned that over time the children that people mentor being to develop a sense of trust for their mentor. When they develop this trust they begin to count on you to be there for them, to be their friend. The children begin to rely on their mentor and see them as a role model. Children will also develop better social skills. Where are you going to volunteer? I am volunteering at Sea Haven for Kids. Have you already made contact with the organization where you would like to volunteer? If so, who is your contact person? If not, how can you contact them? Yes, I have already made contact with the Sea Haven officials. My contact person is Antquan Smith. Mr.Smith will be supervising me throughout this project. What kinds of activities will you be participating in when you volunteer? On the days that I volunteer I will be participating in the reading program. This program allows the children to pick out a book and have the opportunity to read to me and/or gives me the opportunity to read to them. I will also play a variety of games as well as arts and crafts. What is one good thing that has happened since beginning this project? One good thing that has happened since beginning this project is that I have gained a better insight on how childrens' life's are affected by their parents. I have had three different children become attached to be and have became more comfortable around me. When I see those children's face light up when I walk in the room it gives me a warm sensational feeling. What is one improvement you need to make? One improvement I need to make is logging the amount of time each time I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment